This recipe comes together fast, especially when using pre-cooked or frozen veggies! Quick and easy healthy weeknight meal.
One of the fastest thing to throw together on a busy weeknight is a stir fry. This version is BLE friendly when using my Sugar Free Thai Peanut Sauce on top of pre-cooked veggies.
I like to batch cook my vegetables twice a week: one batch on Sundays and another on Wednesdays. For this recipe, I had steamed broccoli and roasted peppers and onions ready to go. All I had to do was weigh out the cooked veggies, added 4oz worth of protein (in this case cubed seitan), heated through on a pan, then served up with sauce. Couldn't be any easier!
The vegetables are versatile and you can use whatever you have handy to make up the weight. What really brings it together is the sauce.
Speedy Stir Fry with Peanut Sauce
makes 1 complete dinner serving
- Veggies: 14oz cooked vegetables (I used steamed broccoli and roasted peppers and onions)
- Protein: 4oz seitan
- Fat: 1 serving of Sugar-Free Peanut Sauce
1. Cook all your veggies first if not already pre-cooked. Then weigh veggies until you reach 14oz of cooked veg.
2. Put seitan in a pan and drizzle a small amount of liquid aminos, low sodium tamari or soy sauce. Toss in veggies to heat through.
3. Put everything on a plate and pour one serving of prepared peanut sauce on top!