This oil free dressing is sure to make a frequent appearance in your meal rotation! Oil free does not mean flavor free - this dressing goes great with salads, on roasted veggies, or used as a dip!
It can be pretty hard to get in salads if there is nothing exciting about them. That's why dressings need to pack a punch for me so I can be excited to get in my greens! The trick to oil free dressings is to make sure to include fats in the dressing from whole food sources like nuts, seeds, or avocado. This dressing uses cashews as the base which gives it a super creamy texture without any added oils.
If you have a powerful blender, you can get away without soaking the cashews but soaking will give the finished product a much smoother texture. The dressing will thicken in the fridge once chilled so you may need to add a bit more water and give the container a shake if desired.
Oil Free Cashew Ranch Dressing
makes approximately 3 cups
- 1 1/2 cups pre-soaked cashews, rinsed and drained
- 1 cup water
- 2 tbsp lemon juice
- 1 tbsp apple cider vinegar
- 1 1/2 tsp onion powder
- 1 1/2 tsp dried dill
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp of salt (or to taste)
- 1/2 tsp dried basil
- a few shakes of black pepper (to taste)
1. Add all ingredients to a blender and blend until smooth and creamy.
2. Store in a glass container in the fridge. This dressing will thicken as it cools so you may need to add a bit of water and give the jar a shake if you find you need to thin it out.